WEST VALLEY CITY — Kevin Wayne Billings, 64, has been booked into jail for investigation of aggravated murder, aggravated arson, and arson, related to the death of a West Valley City code enforcement officer, police say.
Billings is accused of setting fire to the West Valley code enforcement truck of Jill Robinson, 53, who was at Billings’ house for a routine visit, shooting Robinson and setting fire to his neighbor’s house.
An eyewitness says Billings was in a blue shirt with a walker when he walked behind the burning truck on 4102 W. Wendy Avenue and pulled a gun on Robinson.
Pam Nichols, a spokeswoman for Steph Sheen and Ryan Luke whose house was burned down, says the couple believes Billings was “not mentally well” and out to kill them. Nichols says the couple lost six dogs and two cats in the fire and their home is a total loss.
A tree stump is still smoldering after a WVC man is accused of setting a code enforcement officer’s truck on fire before shooting and killing her. Details on @KSL5TV Today #KSLAM pic.twitter.com/T16tkFjNrK
— Caitlin Burchill (@newsyCaitlin) August 10, 2018
Today’s Top Stories
- Gas station clerk tells her Susan Powell story for the first time publicly
- Bicyclists honor friend lost in deadly Millcreek Canyon avalanche
- 4 Fun Family Activities You Can Do at a County Fair
- As bitcoin surges, prominent cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase aims to go public
- Ogden man arrested for attempted murder, kidnapping
- Millcreek and Salt Lake cities find agreement on new boundaries
- LSU QB Joe Burrow wins Heisman Trophy in landslide vote
- Earthquake damage shuts down Magna fire station
- President Trump says he wants background check laws, also reassures NRA
- What are you Eating for the Big Game? 5 Quick and Easy Recipes for Sunday Game Food that…