SALT LAKE CITY – Rocky Mountain Power says approximated 15,000 customers experienced an outage in Kearns, West Jordan, and Taylorsville Sunday morning.
We are aware of a power outage in Kearns, Taylorsville, and West Jordan affecting approximately 15000 customers. The estimated time of restoration is 12:00 noon. Please visit https://t.co/siomLbq2r5 for continuous updates. We apologize for the outage and are working to restore.
— Rocky Mountain Power (@RMP_Utah) August 19, 2018
The company says it is still investigating as to what caused the outage. Most customers had their power restored shortly after 2 p.m. but some were still waiting.
The outage was first reported at 7 a.m. You can check for updates by visiting the company’s website by clicking here.
This story will be updated as more information is learned.
Today’s Top Stories
- Live Mic: Ideas for needed police reform
- Need something last minute? Here’s what is open Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Doctor: Utah’s COVID-19 infection rate is a concern, hospitalizations stabilize
- F-35 Demonstration Team to hold behind-the-scenes performance Friday
- Salt Lake City School District taking heat for canceling school at the last minute
- White House: National Guard, federal police en route to Capitol to disperse protesters
- WATCH: President Trump says he’s doing “very well” in video before heading…
- Trump outstripping Obama on pace of executive orders
- Three arrests in connection with Sapphire Drive homicide in Sandy
- All six female Utah state senators walk out to protest invasive abortion ultrasound