SALT LAKE CITY — A construction company is mourning the loss of one of its workers in an industrial accident in Salt Lake’s Rio Grande neighborhood.
Crews lost track of the 33-year-old man and after he didn’t return home that evening, his wife called for answers.
“The individual was in an area that was not easily seen, up at a high point inside the room he was working in, and tucked back into a corner,” said police Det. Greg Wilking.
Wilking also said the construction worker electrocuted himself inside the Utah State Historical Society.
His body stayed there overnight until crews spotted him on Tuesday morning.
“These accidents pop up, and it’s a tragic situation any time someone goes to work, and they don’t come home to their loved ones,” Wilking said.
Today’s Top Stories
- 6.4-magnitude quake rattles Nevada
- Is the kissing bug a threat in Utah?
- Friends mourn Utah veterinarian shot in New Mexico
- Toxic algal bloom spotted on Utah Lake, a first for 2019
- Susan Powell created a “paper trail” of evidence before her disappearance,…
- Man arrested in connection with body found in Ogden
- Neighborhood Connection
- UDOT: Expect delays I-15 NB in Salt Lake City on Sunday
- UTA offering free fare to COVID-19 vaccination appointments
- Loving Little Cottonwood Canyon to death: is a gondola the answer?