TAYLORSVILLE — Fire destroyed a mobile home here on Saturday night, though firefighters were able to protect other homes in the neighborhood.
The Unified Fire Authority said three people were home at 794 West Mt. Tuscarora Dr. when they heard a crackling noise. All three managed to escape the burning home safely.
Firefighters also managed to prevent the fire from spreading to adjacent homes. A pet cat that was in the home at the time of the fire was unaccounted for after firefighters extinguished the flames.
Damage was estimated at $120,000.
Today’s Top Stories
- NASA’s Mars helicopter takes flight, 1st for another planet
- University of Utah researchers believe they can significantly improve batteries
- Sea lion at Hogle recovering after eating sock
- Police investigate report of abduction in West Jordan
- Your dog food may be linked to canine heart disease
- Tooele County Health Department issues Public Health Order to the owner of The Amphitheater…
- COLD: Communication breakdown between law enforcement failed Joyce Yost
- Violence again rocks Minneapolis after man’s death; 1 killed
- Police have suspect in custody in Roy homicide
- Utah Board of Higher Education backs Dixie State University name change