DUTCH JOHN — The Daggett County Sheriff’s Office said a swimmer died Sunday afternoon in a mishap near the Cedar Springs Marina area of Flaming Gorge Reservoir.
The man was in the water at about 2:10 p.m. when sheriff’s deputies received word of a situation. They responded to the marina and located the man, who was unresponsive.
In a statement, the sheriff’s office said the man was later pronounced deceased. It did not provide a cause of death.
The name of the man was not immediately released.
The death came just two days after another person died in a UTV rollover accident at Flaming Gorge. The Daggett County Sheriff’s Office said the UTV rolled off Daggett County Road 17 Friday afternoon, ending up in the reservoir. The man who was killed was a passenger in the UTV and was pinned in the wreckage.
Today’s Top Stories
- Thomas Saunders – Rocky Mountain Junior High
- The most generous state in America is Utah – again
- A new conversation: Dave & Dujanovic starts June 4
- Changing water flow leads to more bugs in Grand Canyon
- ‘Golden Boy’-turned-addict finds newfound life after prison
- Body of Arizona man recovered from Lake Powell marina
- In-depth: Black police officers talk race relations in Utah
- Educators ask parents to help stop the spread of flu in Utah
- Here’s what Burger King’s new logo looks like
- Boxer Rocky Lockridge, “Best Cry Ever” meme man, has died at the age of 60