Swimmer dies in accident at Flaming Gorge Reservoir
DUTCH JOHN — The Daggett County Sheriff’s Office said a swimmer died Sunday afternoon in a mishap near the Cedar Springs Marina area of Flaming Gorge Reservoir.
The man was in the water at about 2:10 p.m. when sheriff’s deputies received word of a situation. They responded to the marina and located the man, who was unresponsive.
In a statement, the sheriff’s office said the man was later pronounced deceased. It did not provide a cause of death.
The name of the man was not immediately released.
The death came just two days after another person died in a UTV rollover accident at Flaming Gorge. The Daggett County Sheriff’s Office said the UTV rolled off Daggett County Road 17 Friday afternoon, ending up in the reservoir. The man who was killed was a passenger in the UTV and was pinned in the wreckage.
Today’s Top Stories
- Motorcyclist killed in St. George accident
- Apartment fire displaces dozens in Richfield, community jumps in to help
- FBI gauges threats against educators and school board members
- Brain Body Boost (B3)
- Hatch, Lee react to GOP healthcare postponed vote
- “Freak accident” claims two moose calves near Mountain Dell Golf Course
- The West fears Russia is about to attack Ukraine. But that’s not the way Russians are…
- This Israeli mom is all of us during the COVID-19 outbreak
- Utah lifts gathering restrictions on private property, switches back to “transmission…
- BYU using genealogy to reconnect MIA soldiers with families