LAKE POINT — Westbound S.R. 201 is now opened, but eastbound is still closed after a fire broke out.
UPDATE: Westbound S.R. 201 is NOW OPEN. Eastbound remains closed and will stay closed through tomorrow as crews restore the area following the #TooeleFire
Commuters can use 201 Westbound to reach Tooele this afternoon. Continue to use I-80 Eastbound to reach SLC. pic.twitter.com/2F25WVy2LM
— UDOT Region Two (@UDOTRegionTwo) September 18, 2018
First, Rocky Mountain Power must rebuild 36 transmission poles.
“In addition to that, you have the helicopters that are flying over the road right now in order to put out the fire,” said UDOT Spokesman John Gleason.
He hopes S.R. 201 at the Salt Lake-Tooele County border will reopen both ways for this afternoon’s commute. They closed when a fire broke out on Saturday.
“But there is a chance with a fluid situation like this, just as active as it has been, we could be pushing (the reopening) even later than expected right now.”
Yesterday afternoon’s commute saw delays of nearly 45 minutes.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pandemic pause ends in Susan Powell parents lawsuit trial
- Utah drivers licenses one step closer to going digital
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- Alaska moose poacher fined $100,000, sentenced to jail
- Flu vaccine doesn’t fully cover Influenza B, CDC says
- Hey, Utahns over 70: Here’s everything to know about getting your COVID-19 vaccine
- Passengers stuck on Amtrak train for about 20 hours finally on their way
- Australian woman arrested for inciting anti-lockdown protests
- Live Mic: lessons of 1968’s RFK Appalachia visit still echo today
- Lagoon ready to open without reservations