HERRIMAN — Three people have died in Herriman in a single-car rollover accident that police think went undiscovered for hours.
Luckily, a passerby spotted the car down a ravine.
“That person actually hiked down to the vehicle, and discovered inside that there were three victims who were deceased as a result of this crash,” Lt. Cody Stromberg said. “Very traumatic, for sure.”
Stromberg says evidence suggests high speeds took the car off of Herriman Highway near 7300 West on Sunday afternoon.
“Its placement, the location of some of the physical evidence, and the fact that there were no witnesses,” he said, led them to that conclusion. “This is obviously a very busy road, and there are a lot of people who live in this area, so nobody heard or saw anything.”
This was the new Herriman Police Department’s first large response since breaking away from the Unified Police Department over the weekend.
Today’s Top Stories
- Mary Poppins meets James Bond: Will Meghan and Harry hire a Norland nanny for the royal baby?
- Utah man critically injured in bike crash at Canyonlands National Park
- Fact Check: Is Obama the only president to criticize a successor?
- Drugs and other crimes still a big problem in county jails
- Utah Jazz plane bird strike was especially bad according to officials
- ‘He changed my life’: Afghan pilot remembers Major Brent Taylor
- Salt Lake City high schools may start later in 2021
- BYU Study: Drinking High-Fat Milk Connected With Biological Aging
- Tara Francyk-Wells – West Jordan Elementary
- Biden adds Michigan to win total, delivering blow to Sanders