SALT LAKE CITY — A Duchesne County foster mother is being charged with murder after the death of her 2-year-old foster son.
Duchesne County Sheriff’s deputies say the boy had multiple bruises and cuts after being called to the home on reports the child had died.
Prosecutors say family members told them the 2-year-old was acting strangely after 41-year-old Lisa Jo Vanderlinden took him into a bathroom and they heard a loud bang.
Court documents state a pediatrician believes the injuries which lead to the boy’s death were from blunt force trauma.
Prosecutors also say Vanderlinden had multiple complaints against her alleging hitting or punching a child.
Officials believe she did not want to adopt the boy.
Today’s Top Stories
- Grandson arrested on suspicion of murder in SLC house fire
- 2 men charged in ’02 killing of Run-DMC star Jam Master Jay
- Gas station clerk tells her Susan Powell story for the first time publicly
- Utah man charged, accused of threatening people displaying a Trump flag
- Champion bodybuilder turns himself in on Utah rape charges
- Man who pleaded guilty to Mackenzie Lueck’s murder sentenced to life in prison
- Golden Spoke Event
- How to make sure you weather the storm and cleanup safely
- Valentine’s is Long Since Over: Here are 5 Year Round Ways You Can Continue to Share…
- Inside Sources: Studying trust (and distrust) in America