AMERICAN FORK, Utah — The Alpine School District is asking for help finding a man they say is breaking into schools around northern Utah County and causing thousands of dollars in damages.
They say he rides in on a bicycle and often breaks in after hours or on holidays, spray painting over the security cameras and then breaking into vending machines.
The following schools have been vandalized over the last 6 months:
- Skyridge High School
- American Fork High School
- Pleasant Grove High School
- Timpanogos High School
- Lehi Junior High School
- Pleasant Grove Junior High School
- Shelley Elementary
A district news release says the man has damaged 16 vending machines, doing $20,000 dollars in damage and stealing $8,000 worth of stuff.
Some cameras caught some images of the man, which the district released to the public in hopes someone can identify him.
Today’s Top Stories
- KSL Greenhouse Show continues Dig Around Town Community Calendar
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will close Missionary Training Center in Guatemala
- Three things you need to do before you can run a marathon
- West Kearns Elem. placed in shelter in place protocol Tuesday for around an hour, no threat…
- Sen. Romney calls for vote on bill to prevent mass layoffs for airline workers
- Utah National Guard supports fallen mayor’s daughter at debate
- Utah Democrats: Board of Education’s Natalie Cline should be held accountable
- OPINION: A concealed carry permit just saved a young girl’s life
- US says its airlines can resume limited flights to China
- 60-acre fire burning in Neffs Canyon near Mount Olympus