MURRAY — Police announced three more people have been arrested in a shooting outside Fashion Place Mall in Murray.
Police announced Thursday they had arrested Steven Perez-Hernandez, 18, Arian Huerta, 20, and Flaviano Aguilar, 20, in connection with the mall shooting, which sent two people to the hospital Sunday afternoon.
Murray Police Officer Kenny Bass says they were part of the gang that initiated the gunfire.
However, two key suspects are still on the loose.
“The shooter that actually struck the two people is outstanding, as well as the shooter for the other gang that fired back at them,” Bass says.
Bass says they’ve been getting a lot of information from other law enforcement agencies about possible suspects connected to these gangs.
“Our detectives have been working with other task forces, like the Salt Lake Metro Gang Unit, as well as a federal task force,” he adds.
That makes a total of five people arrested since the shooting. Police have said they believe rival gangs got into some kind of dispute in the mall, which then moved outside before turning physical. They said the two victims who went to the hospital were also gang members.
Today’s Top Stories
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- Utah driver licenses will soon get a “gold star”
- Board of education members may start running as Democrats and Republicans
- Marc Miller & Seth Peterson, Probation Officers
- Nichole Warren-Doman – Orion Junior High
- Mantua police chief dismissed, other officers resign shortly after
- Rebecca Mikkelsen – Washington Terrace Elementary
- Cyclamen care | KSL Greenhouse Show
- Decades in the making, a Utah man builds steam engines by hand