SANDY, Utah — A 14-year-old boy is in critical condition after falling from the Ferris wheel at Scheels.
Multiple 911 calls came in at 3 pm Tuesday. That Ferris wheel is 65 feet tall, but it is unknown how high up the boy was when he fell, or why he fell.
Police say he was with his father at the time; they also say he has autism.
They are investigating but do not think there were any suspicious circumstances.
Officers say their hearts go out to the family and everybody was involved in it.
Today’s Top Stories
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Scientists say vodka from Chernobyl’s exclusion zone is safe to drink
- Latest E. coli outbreak spreads to Utah
- Teens are binge drinking more than ever
- Russell M. Nelson to speak at NAACP convention
- Ogden gym unveils unique recovery program for recovering addicts
- Parent dress code, Houston high school takes aim at parents
- Boris Johnson promises UK will provide Hong Kongers path to citizenship after national…
- The original Gerber Baby just turned 93
- Giovanni Pangan, Philippines mission president, dies of heart attack