WASHINGON DC — A Utah Congressman has joined other Democrats in offering President Trump a deal– end the partial government shutdown, then we’ll vote on a border wall.
Democrat Ben McAdams signed a letter calling for leadership in both parties to vote.
Signed this letter urging leaders in both parties to act on bipartisan solution to #endtheshutdown. People are struggling because of this senseless #shutdown, it’s past time to put it to an end. #utpol @HouseBlueDogs pic.twitter.com/FuOHa1RL5Y
— Rep. Ben McAdams (@RepBenMcAdams) January 23, 2019
“I support border security, and I support Dreamers. But we need to end the shutdown,” said McAdams on the House floor on Wednesday.
He outlined the problems he says he sees in Utah as a result, including uncertainty among families and small businesses.
“Congressman McAdams believes there should be a vote on border security measures that all sides can debate and formulate,” Heyrend told the Deseret News. “A border barrier could be part of that debate and vote.”
Today’s Top Stories
- ‘I just wanted to be better’: Utah woman details experience with heroin addiction
- What to do if you encounter a dangerous animal in the wild
- What happened? Anatomy of a violent NASCAR crash
- The original Gerber Baby just turned 93
- How someone’s pet goldfish destroyed an entire ecosystem at Maple Lake
- Home prices increase in Salt Lake City during the pandemic
- Report: many new moms stop breastfeeding too soon
- Ogden man pleads guilty to fatally beating neighbor in 2018
- Salt Lake City police respond to hundreds of calls because of the wind
- Salt Lake City Police ask for help finding a man suspected of burgling several businesses