WEST VALLEY CITY — Police say they have arrested a 14-year-old in connection with the shooting and death of a 15-year-old this afternoon.
That 14-year-old has been booked on charges of negligent homicide, The shooting is, at this time, not believed to be intentional.
West Valley Police also tweeted the name of the 15-year-old who died, identifying him as Marquez Grajeda.
Multiple people were in the home, near 1350 West and 2320 South, at the time of the shooting. The house is believed to be the home of a friend.
A 14 year old male is in custody in connecting with the shooting death of 15 year old Marquez Grajeda. The 14 year old has been booked on charges of negligent homicide. It is suspected at this time that the shooting was not intentional. pic.twitter.com/C4EEamCYuZ
— WVC Police (@WVCPD) February 6, 2019
Today’s Top Stories
- KSL NewsRadio picks up Murrow award for tour bus crash coverage
- Latter-day Saint mission president dies in the Philippines
- When will you get your stimulus payment? Here’s how to check
- Tooele County School District
- What are you Eating for the Big Game? 5 Quick and Easy Recipes for Sunday Game Food that…
- Some children have ended up in Utah’s hospitals with COVID-19
- 4 Valentine’s Day Deaths in 4 Years: How Safe Valentine’s Day Driving will…
- Sister of missing hiker says she is getting mental health help
- House approves bill to rename Dixie State University
- High schooler discovers new planet on 3rd day of NASA internship