MURRAY — A man is dead after walking in front of a FrontRunner train this afternoon.
UTA spokesman Carl Arky says the man was trespassing near the train tracks between 3900 S. and 4500 S. in Murray.
FR Alert 2:28 pm: FrontRunner vs Pedestrian between Salt Lake Central and Murray. Expect delays on NB trains from Murray.
— UTA (@RideUTA) February 7, 2019
Trains are delayed because of the collision, and passengers are still on the train that struck the pedestrian.
I am on the actual train that struck the pedestrian and we are not moving. Just wondering if there will be a way to make it to the airport in the next hour
— Gage Black (@GageBlack1) February 7, 2019
There is no clear answer on why the man was on the tracks at this moment. UTA says an investigation is ongoing.
This story is developing and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Ellen Sabo – Rose Creek Elementary
- Tornado forms at Strawberry Reservoir
- Advocates: there are still resources for homeless women, despite full centers
- BYU research looks at what makes freeways safe
- Utah Poison Control Center says they need a funding bump to continue
- Mayor suspends officers involved in man’s suffocation death
- Meet all the Utah athletes competing in the Tokyo Olympics
- Indoor vs. outside dining: Which restaurant tables are safer?
- Sen. Romney seen marching at DC protests against George Floyd’s death
- Two missing teens from Taylorsville last seen in SLC