MURRAY — A man is dead after walking in front of a FrontRunner train this afternoon.
UTA spokesman Carl Arky says the man was trespassing near the train tracks between 3900 S. and 4500 S. in Murray.
FR Alert 2:28 pm: FrontRunner vs Pedestrian between Salt Lake Central and Murray. Expect delays on NB trains from Murray.
— UTA (@RideUTA) February 7, 2019
Trains are delayed because of the collision, and passengers are still on the train that struck the pedestrian.
I am on the actual train that struck the pedestrian and we are not moving. Just wondering if there will be a way to make it to the airport in the next hour
— Gage Black (@GageBlack1) February 7, 2019
There is no clear answer on why the man was on the tracks at this moment. UTA says an investigation is ongoing.
This story is developing and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- 4 tips for getting a COVID-19 vaccine appointment booked sooner in Utah
- Silver Island: a desert escape well worth a visit
- Utah drivers licenses one step closer to going digital
- Special delivery: Over 500,000 protective face masks transported to Salt Lake International Airport
- Pandemic pause ends in Susan Powell parents lawsuit trial
- All Utah 24 Hour Fitness locations to close, customers transferred to VASA
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- FBI Confidential: Human trafficking may be happening in your local park
- Bill Nye sets the world on fire — to make a point about climate change
- Ski resorts in northern Utah shutting down due to heavy snow, avalanche danger