SALT LAKE CITY — It was a deadly Thursday on Utah roads. Two men were killed and a woman was critically injured in three separate accidents ranging from South Salt Lake to Sandy to Benjamin.
At last check, a woman was in extremely critical condition after she was hit by a car on state Route 147 at about 6400 south near Benjamin. The Utah Highway Patrol says she was in the road to put out her trash can Thursday night, and because it was dark at the time and she may have been wearing dark clothing and the driver did not see her.
Earlier that day a man was hit by a car and killed in Sandy near 104th South and Wasatch Boulevard. He was in a crosswalk. Police are looking into whether impairment or speed had anything to do with that crash. 44-year-old Fernando Cruz La Vana was pronounced dead on the scene.
In the last accident, a man walking on the Frontrunner tracks in South Salt Lake was hit and killed by a train Thursday afternoon around 2:30. Utah Transit Authority officials say 40-year-old Calvin Curley was walking on the tracks between the Salt Lake Central and Murray stations. He was here from Arizona and was here for work.
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Family confirms remains found at Daybell home are missing children
- ‘Diesel Brothers’ ordered to pay $850k for violating Clean Air Act
- Utah missionary killed in Georgia bike accident
- Fireworks are legal through July 5th in Utah, but not everywhere
- Judge rules Chad Daybell should face trial in case of missing kids
- Anti-mask crowd fills Utah County Commission meeting on mask mandate, meeting abruptly called off
- Mail-in mistakes: how to make sure your ballot and vote count
- Mary Kaye Huntsman talks: politics, international pressure and Russia
- Fireworks and pets: keeping furry friends safe during firework season
- Volunteers of America