UPDATE 2/12, 1:15 PM: Police have identified 23-year-old Theron Farmer as a person of interest in the shooting of Eric and Kamron Johnson.
OGDEN — Police are investigating an Ogden shooting which took place Monday evening that left one person dead and one person injured, according to authorities.
Family members identified the boy killed as 18-year-old Kamron Johnson. His brother, 22-year-old Eric Johnson, was critically injured. The family says Kamron was dead when police arrived and Eric was taken to a local hospital.
Investigators say it happened near 860 West Lake Street around 5:30 P.M. Ogden Police say they do not have a suspect in custody yet, but do not believe there is any immediate danger to the public.
“This looks more like it was a targeted situation and not random,” Ogden Police Lt. Clint Christensen said.
This is a developing story. More information will be added as it becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Sneakers designed in honor of Obama to go on sale for $25,000
- Winter solstice 2019: A short day that’s long on ancient traditions
- UPDATED: 11-year-old boy dead after accidental discharge of a firearm in Kamas Valley
- Utah athlete, Lauren McCluskey, laid to rest
- No, police aren’t responsible for enforcing the face mask mandate
- Congo park ranger tells of taking viral selfie with gorillas
- Cops looking for woman after she allegedly uses a taser on 9-year-old boy
- Lauren McCluskey solved her own stalking case. Here’s how.
- Utah man gets up to life in prison in ex-girlfriend’s death
- Utah man involved in US Capitol riot to face more charges