SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz pulled away late and beat the Denver Nuggets Tuesday night, 118-108.
Donovan Mitchell tied his career-high with 46 points.
Rudy Gobert had 20 points and 10 rebounds for his 200th double-double in a Jazz uniform.
It was their 50th win, but they don’t get much of a turnaround. They face the LA Clippers in Los Angeles Wednesday night at 8:30 pm. It’s the last game of the regular season.
With the way other teams played Tuesday night, Utah currently sits in the fifth spot in the Western Conference playoff standings.
It seems likely that the first round opponent will be the Portland Trail Blazers or the Houston Rockets. If either Portland loses to Sacramento or Denver falls to the Timberwolves or both lose on Wednesday night, Utah will face Portland. Otherwise it will be Houston.
Today’s Top Stories
- NFL 2019: Pass interference reviews main topic in season 100
- Salt Lake City Moving To New Neighborhood Clean Up Program
- Alaska moose poacher fined $100,000, sentenced to jail
- Cleanup from Magna quake continues as some residents grow more frustrated
- Son of infamous polygamist leader, Warren Jeffs, is dead
- Bountiful police release video of pawn shop shooting
- COLD: Computer at heart of Josh Powell custody dispute did not belong to him
- Are You Ready To Take the Monster Plunge? 4 Reasons Why The Bear Lake Monster Winterfest Is…
- How to care for Poinsettias
- Dave & Dujanovic: Conceal or reveal jail mugshots?