WEST JORDAN, Utah — Police say a teenager told them he was shot at Jordan Landing Wednesday night.
Juvenile from last nights shooting suffered minor injuries and is working with our detectives who are following leads. No additional info avail at this time.
— West Jordan Police Dept. (@WJPD_PIO) April 11, 2019
Officers say a 16-year-old showed up at a hospital with a gunshot wound and hospital staff started asking questions.
The teen said he was shot at Jordan Landing after they had stopped behind Zurchers to let their dog have a bathroom break.
West Jordan Police Sgt Jaycee Holt says that it was at that point a blue car pulled up and fired shots.
“There was a 16-year-old male juvenile who showed up at a local hospital and had a gunshot wound to his arm.”
Holt said a bullet grazed or hit the boy’s arm but his injuries aren’t serious. He was driven to the hospital by his sister and a friend.
Police tell us they found no evidence of a shooting and have no witnesses.
Today’s Top Stories
- Former missionary finds hope after becoming an addict
- Proposed bill would make gun owners civilly liable if a gun they lend out is used in a crime
- Jazz center Rudy Gobert moved to tears by All-Star snub
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- Pro-Hong Kong signs were confiscated at the Washington Wizards game
- Utah man critically injured in bike crash at Canyonlands National Park
- 8-year-old skiier injured after falling from Park City chairlift
- Volunteers ready to glean extra fruit around Cache Valley
- Kaysville police, US Marshals arrest man accused of impersonating officer
- Elizabeth Smart reveals details of assault, and what she’s doing about it