MAGNA, Utah — A man that barricaded himself inside of the bathroom of a Magna Burger King near 8400 W has been resolved.
The standoff started shortly before midnight when a man locked himself inside the bathroom and started firing shots.
Detective Kevin Mallory said he pulled out the weapon shortly after Police responded after employees called to say that the man wouldn’t leave.
“While we’ve been here the suspect has been in the bathroom firing shots,” Det. Mallory said.
“We don’t know that he was firing in any particular direction, but he has been actively firing while we’ve been on the scene.”
No other buildings appear to have been hit, and police were able to resolve the situation that resulted in the man being arrested shortly before 5:30 Wednesday morning.
Unified Police originally asked for schools in the area to be closed but upon the resolution of the standoff, all classes will be back in session.
Update: the situation in Magna is resolved and one person is in custody. Schools will be in session and the intersection will open in about one hour.
— Unified Police Dept (@UPDSL) April 17, 2019
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah’s number of deaths from COVID-19 jumps to 8
- Second Amendment rally at state capitol to push back against new gun laws
- Sergeant Joe Cyr, Salt Lake City Police Department
- New dress guidelines announced for male missionaries — in some areas
- State parks hope to have new ‘glamping’ campsites available for busy Memorial Day weekend
- Utah Utes let go of Coach K after 10 seasons
- New podcast details Venezuela imprisonment of Josh Holt
- Salt Lake Police Association speaks out against new use of force rules
- Utah man accused of intentionally coughing on people, might face assault charges
- Salmonella outbreak killing Utah songbirds, what you can do