WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — A fatal crash at 6200 South Mountain View Corridor Wednesday night has claimed the life of 18-year-old Talia Littlefield of Tooele and sent two others hospitalized. West Valley police say a 17-year-old who was driving a passenger vehicle ran a red light going westbound on 6200 S, then was hit by a car going southbound on Mountain View Corridor around 8:15 p.m.
The woman killed in the crash on 6200 South Mountain View Corridor yesterday evening was Talia Littlefield (1/15/01) of Tooele. pic.twitter.com/niqWQdpyHk
— WVC Police (@WVCPD) April 25, 2019
“In the passenger seat was an 18-year-old girl who died at the scene. The 17-year-old driver of that car was transported with non-life-threatening injuries. The driver of the other vehicle, an adult female, was also transported with non-life-threatening injuries,” says WVC police spokesperson Roxanne Vainuku.
Vainuku says the intersection was closed for several hours as the investigation continued into the night. The identity of the woman killed was not immediately released pending notification of next of kin.
Today’s Top Stories
- Hurricane State Liquor Store closes, employee tests positive for COVID-19
- Three people gored as running of the bulls ends in Pamplona
- Man charged with selling illegal THC cartridges for vape pens
- Sears staves off liquidation, stores to remain open
- Lunar eclipse during supermoon set for early Wednesday morning
- All Utah 24 Hour Fitness locations to close, customers transferred to VASA
- Trooper Justin Hansen
- Recall issued on frozen Taquitos and Chimichangas
- SLC hit hard by flash flooding
- Utah lawmakers approve bill aimed at regulating ‘troubled teen’ centers