WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — A fatal crash at 6200 South Mountain View Corridor Wednesday night has claimed the life of 18-year-old Talia Littlefield of Tooele and sent two others hospitalized. West Valley police say a 17-year-old who was driving a passenger vehicle ran a red light going westbound on 6200 S, then was hit by a car going southbound on Mountain View Corridor around 8:15 p.m.
The woman killed in the crash on 6200 South Mountain View Corridor yesterday evening was Talia Littlefield (1/15/01) of Tooele. pic.twitter.com/niqWQdpyHk
— WVC Police (@WVCPD) April 25, 2019
“In the passenger seat was an 18-year-old girl who died at the scene. The 17-year-old driver of that car was transported with non-life-threatening injuries. The driver of the other vehicle, an adult female, was also transported with non-life-threatening injuries,” says WVC police spokesperson Roxanne Vainuku.
Vainuku says the intersection was closed for several hours as the investigation continued into the night. The identity of the woman killed was not immediately released pending notification of next of kin.
Today’s Top Stories
- Winter solstice 2019: A short day that’s long on ancient traditions
- Cease and desist sent by Lt. Governor’s office to stop unauthorized use of State Seal
- Rent deferral program eases residents anxiety but raises landlords’
- Utah woman says bison flipped her into air, broke her ankle
- Utah women to be honored with new mural from Sgt. Pepper artist
- Trump campaign manager deletes dramatic Air Force One NASCAR photo after people point out…
- Record breaking year for Utah’s tourism industry
- Salt Lake VA makes sure homeless veterans get a shot at COVID vaccine
- Inside Sources: How criminals, addicts and homeless transform their lives free of charge
- How a Snapchat filter led to the arrest of an off-duty cop