LOGAN, Utah (AP) — A funeral service is scheduled Tuesday afternoon in Logan, Utah, for 5-year-old Elizabeth Shelley, a homicide victim who disappeared May 25 and whose body was found Wednesday less than a block from her home.
Her 1 p.m. funeral at the Nyman Funeral Home in Logan will be preceded by a candlelight vigil at 8 p.m. Saturday on the historic Cache County Courthouse’s front steps and public viewings from 6-8 p.m. Monday and 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home.
Interment at Logan City Cemetery will follow the funeral.
Alex Whipple, a 21-year-old uncle of the girl, is charged with killing her.
Today’s Top Stories
- Police: Couple arrested for marijuana-themed event
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces first ever African-American General Authority
- Sandy City officials mourn police chief
- Long-time power plant to close in Magna
- Benjamin Keough, grandson of Elvis Presley, dies at 27
- Utah lawmakers push for ERA ratification, reviving political battle
- University of Utah announces major campus safety changes, investments
- Update: Police identify man in Echo nightclub shooting
- Barry Pewtress – Spectrum Academy High School
- 5 tips to stop touching your face