LOGAN, Utah — Elizabeth Shelley’s loved ones will prepare to lay the little girl to rest today.
A public viewing for Shelly started last night and will continue today at the Nyman Funeral Home in Logan and even though many didn’t know the little girl, many are showing their support for her family with rainbow-colored ribbons and bows placed throughout the community.
Her funeral will be held today at 1 pm and is open to the public following a viewing from 11 am to 1 pm.
We will have a reporter in Logan to bring you the latest. The family has asked that the services not be broadcast.
Lizzy Shelley was taken from her home on May 25th and her body was found a few days later in a nearby backyard. Her uncle, Alex Whipple, is charged with murder, kidnapping, abuse of a body and obstruction of justice and made his first court appearance yesterday in a packed courtroom.
Today’s Top Stories
- Thousands of tiger muskies swim into new reservoir home
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- Utah limo companies face inspections like buses, trucks
- USU’s “True Aggie Night” tradition up in the air during the pandemic
- Nearly 400 years in the making, ‘Christmas Star’ visible tonight
- Gov. Herbert signs bill restoring police, firefighter pensions
- VIDEO: Sen. Romney confronted by an angry passenger at the airport
- Parents of Chad Daybell reach out; vigil planned to honor slain children
- Bail reform becomes legislative spotlight in Utah once again
- Salt Lake County Mayor Jenny Wilson asks sports teams to wear masks