ATLANTA (AP) — An Atlanta rapper’s take on country music has inspired a mostly nonverbal autistic boy in Minnesota to sing.
Lil Nas X has found huge success with the song, “Old Town Road.” It has sparked controversy, spawned a clothing line, made the rapper a household name and got his collaborator Billy Ray Cyrus a Maserati.
Now, it’s being credited for doing a lot more.
Cottage Grove, Minnesota, mother Sheletta Brundidge tweeted Tuesday about her family’s “#oldtownroad miracle,” The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported. She filmed her 4-year-old son, Daniel, humming the tune and then singing the lyrics. Now, she says therapists are using the music in his sessions.
Cyrus retweeted the video and Lil Nas X, whose real name is Montero Lamar Hill, tweeted “What a King” in response to the clip.
“Old Town Road” climbed the Billboard charts in April and gained national attention when Billboard removed it from the Hot Country Songs chart, declaring it not country enough. The song has now spent nine weeks at No. 1 on Billboard’s Hot 100 chart and even broke the streaming record previously held by Drake.
Hill recently partnered with Wrangler and released a clothing line inspired by the song.
Information from: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, http://www.ajc.com
Today’s Top Stories
- Train derailment causes mess near Milford
- 47-year-old mother of four graduates top of her class at UVU College of Science
- Much loved St. George runner dies after 10-year fight with cancer
- Will Pettit – Granite Park Junior High
- Officer Tanya Turnbow, Tooele City Police Department
- The 90 minutes that cost Principal Ford White his job
- What is an accessory dwelling unit? How ADU’s can help your finances, future, and your…
- United Utah Party: Investigate Gov. Herbert for possible inducement
- St. George investigation into missing hiker closes with no evidence of fraud
- Val Kilmer opens up in interview, new memoir after bout with throat cancer