SPANISH FORK — Firefighter crews throughout Utah have spent their Fourth of July holiday battling fires.
Three fires have sparked in Utah County alone in the past 24 hours.
Multiple agencies utilized ground and air resources to battle the wildfires.
Saratoga Springs fire
Firefighter crews knocked out a fire that sparked near Utah Lake.
The fire in the Saratoga Springs area has been burning since about noon Thursday. It has burned more than 65 acres.
Thistle Junction fire
Elsewhere, a fire near Thistle Junction burned 50 to 100 acres.
Officials believe the fire may have been the result of target shooting in the area.
The cause of the Thistle Junction fire is still under investigation.
The first report of a fire came on Wednesday at about 4 p.m. near Thistle Junction, Utah County Fire Battalion Chief Jamie Nelson said.
The exact cause of the fire is under investigation. Officials believe the fire was human-caused.
Skull Flat Fire
Crew have the fire east of Beaver about 50% contained, a spokesman for the BLM said. The Skull Flat fire has been burning since June 18.
The Skull Flat fire has burned 1,517 acres as of Thursday, according to the Bureau of Land Management. The fire has been burning since June 18.
Hot, dry conditions in the area were expected to cause “increased fire behavior,” on Thursday, according to BLM spokesperson Nick Howell.
Officials have not ordered evacuations for the Beaver area.
On Wednesday, firefighter crews in Utah County responded to a fire burning near Lincoln Beach.
By late Thursday the crews had gained control of the fire. Officials believe the fire was the result of human action.
Nelson said firefighter crews had this fire “mostly contained.” The fire burned about 75 acres near Benjamin.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- KSL Greenhouse Show continues Dig Around Town Community Calendar
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will close Missionary Training Center in Guatemala
- West Kearns Elem. placed in shelter in place protocol Tuesday for around an hour, no threat…
- Three things you need to do before you can run a marathon
- Utah Democrats: Board of Education’s Natalie Cline should be held accountable
- US says its airlines can resume limited flights to China
- Man dies after hit by car; driver booked for fleeing scene
- Can a flag be too big? A North Carolina city is suing RV dealer over large American Flag
- Hundreds of restaurant customers possibly exposed to Hep A virus
- COLD season 2 announced: Justice for Joyce Yost