STRAWBERRY RESERVOIR — The bodies of two brothers who went missing when boating on July 8, 2019, were found Sunday at Strawberry Reservoir.
Wasatch Search and Rescue found the bodies of James “Jim” Gardiner, 70, of Salem, and Mark Gardiner, 61, of Pleasant Grove.
On Thursday, searchers found the abandoned boat and called local authorities. Search and rescue crews noted they were unable to identify the owner of the boat.
Wasatch County Sheriff Jared Rigby said he was unsure about what happened to the brothers.
“There was some kind of accident that occurred on the water while they were fishing and they were working to help each other,” said Rigby.
Wasatch Search and Rescue used SONAR technology designed to help look underwater to locate the missing brothers.
Sherrif Rigby noted a lot of people came together and personally thanked the Gardiner family for their efforts. He hopes the end of the search brings the families closure.
Today’s Top Stories
- Mars might have salty ponds next to its underground lake, raising the possibility of Martian life
- Three things you need to do before you can run a marathon
- 10 weird landmarks in Utah many new residents don’t even know about
- Officer Zachary Nold, Ogden City Police Department
- Casey Scott, 200 days sober, opens up about the problems that led to his horrifying crash
- UDOT will not re-open several popular seasonal roads, for now
- Purge The Spurge: Utah County Offers To Exchange Invasive Poisonous Plant For Native Plant…
- Proposed ban on cellphone use while driving clears Utah House
- Kevin Salmon, Cottonwood Heights PD
- Running may be better for the heart than swimming, new study shows