SARATOGA SPRINGS — A 4-year-old girl and her parents have been badly burned in an accident at Pelican Bay Marina in Saratoga Springs.
The family had just hooked up their boat after a day on Utah Lake Saturday when their minivan started having trouble.
That’s when firefighters say the dad took off the car engine cover, put it in the back of the van, and poured gasoline into the carburetor in an effort to restart it. That caused some other gas cans in the back to catch fire, destroying the vehicle.
Two of the couple’s children were able to escape, but the 4-year-old was stuck in her seatbelt, and her parents suffered severe burns in the process of trying to get her out.
The victims are all being treated at the University of Utah Burn Center.
Family and friends are raising funds to help the family cover medical costs.
*KSLNewsRadio.com cannot assure that the money deposited to the account will be applied for the benefit of the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit to the account, you should consult your own advisors and otherwise proceed at your own risk.
Today’s Top Stories
- School won’t let CEO pay off student lunch debt
- Ex-Davis High teacher who sexually abused 3 students granted parole
- Teens are binge drinking more than ever
- Lethal measures off the table for controlling wild horse herds
- Latest E. coli outbreak spreads to Utah
- Getting Pulled Over is the Worst but Here’s How You Can Make Sure You Have a Safe…
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Why Notre Dame Cathedral is so important to Catholics worldwide
- Scientists say vodka from Chernobyl’s exclusion zone is safe to drink
- Passenger says they asked boat driver to stop drinking before deadly Lake Powell crash