CANNON BEACH, Oregon — A Utah family on vacation in the coastal Oregon town of Cannon Beach were woken up with quite the start over the weekend when a tree fell on their family van.
Shawn Snow, his wife and their five kids were visiting the Oregon coast when the tree came crashing down Saturday night. Snow says he and his wife were in the van and their kids were all in a tent about five feet away.
“We were actually totally asleep, and then I felt the car bouncing and shaking all over,” Shawn told KGW. “I thought somebody was outside the car, pranking us or something. I got out of the car, looked around, and almost went back in the car to go back to bed, and then somebody told us to look up, and there was a tree on the car.”
No one was injured.
Today’s Top Stories
- Iran state TV: Tehran fires at Iraqi base housing US troops
- Changes to the HOV lanes for hybrid vehicles in Utah, starting today
- Mall giant Simon says nearly all of its shopping centers have reopened
- Disney World’s July 11 reopening: 6 things to watch
- Passenger says they asked boat driver to stop drinking before deadly Lake Powell crash
- Early morning fire tears through SLC apartment complex
- Need a “working cat?” Best Friends wants to connect you
- Poll says 12% of Utahns say they will opt-out of the COVID-19 vaccine
- On Twitter, limited number of users spreading fake info
- Anti-mask crowd fills Utah County Commission meeting on mask mandate, meeting abruptly called off