MOUNT TIMPANOGOS – A Utah County Sheriff’s Search and Rescue crew has rescued a 21-year-old hiker who became sick on Mount Timpanogos.
Sgt. Spencer Cannon says the man was meeting a fellow hiker and had made the summit, but started getting dehydrated as he went down the mountain around 9:00 pm last night.
“He was feeling dehydrated and nauseous and getting a little bit delirious, not really knowing where he was and what had happened,” Cannon says.
The other hiker called 911, and a helicopter was able to take them off the mountain around midnight as temperatures started dropping into the 40s.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah drivers licenses one step closer to going digital
- Arrests made in likely murder of missing Kearns woman
- What Are You Getting Your Neighbors and Friends for the Holidays? Mason Jar Gifts Might Just…
- Elder Oaks reiterates opposition to same-sex marriage
- Utah opens up vaccine eligibility to Utahns 50+ and those with other health conditions
- Snapchat Dysmorphia: How selfie filters are driving the demand for plastic surgery
- Suspect in Pleasant Grove shelter-in-place identified
- Live Mic: lessons of 1968’s RFK Appalachia visit still echo today
- Man wanted on human trafficking under arrest
- “Euthanize the police dog” Social Media calls to cancel Paw Patrol