BEAVER — The Utah Highway Patrol says that both directions of I-15 in Central Utah are now open. But earlier this afternoon, a fast-moving fire closed both directions of Interstate 15 from Beaver to I-70.
BOTH DIRECTIONS of I-15 are closed right now for about a 17-mile stretch because of a fire near the freeway in central Utah. NB traffic being forced off at MP 112 in Beaver, SB forced off at MP 129 just south of I-70. pic.twitter.com/PNsHUuakq4
— KSL Traffic Center (@KSLTraffic) August 22, 2019
Utah Highway Patrol Cpl. Andy Battenfield says UHP believes that the fire was sparked after a trailer carrying carnival rides detached from the truck and rolled into the brush sparking the fire.
Cpl. Battenfield says they believe the truck was traveling southbound when it rolled to the right.
(This story has been updated)
Today’s Top Stories
- Surgeon General on coronavirus: ‘This week is going to get bad’
- Cops looking for woman after she allegedly uses a taser on 9-year-old boy
- Boris Johnson promises UK will provide Hong Kongers path to citizenship after national…
- Utah man gets up to life in prison in ex-girlfriend’s death
- HOAX ALERT: Health officials warn about color-coded masks flyer
- China pushes conspiracy theories on COVID origin, vaccines
- Mercy Housing Mountain Plains
- Winter solstice 2019: A short day that’s long on ancient traditions
- Sneakers designed in honor of Obama to go on sale for $25,000
- You Won’t Believe the Fun You Can Have at Utah Olympic Venues: 3 Incredible Winter…