MURRAY, Utah – A two-alarm fire at an apartment complex in Murray has displaced 100 people and destroyed at least six units.
Unified Fire is still investigating what started it in a second-floor unit yesterday afternoon around 6:00.
Video shows the flames reaching several feet into the air.
— KSL Newsradio (@kslnewsradio) August 27, 2019
One woman told KSL her daughter had to leave quickly.
“She doesn’t know what happened. Somebody just started pounding on the door and said, ‘You need to get out!'” the woman said.
The mother said many of her daughter’s pets died in the fire.
“She lost two bunnies, three birds…and a rat. She was able to get her dog out,” the woman said.
Unified Fire investigators were still at the complex the next morning. Some of the people who have been displaced get to go back home today.
Today’s Top Stories
- Stacey Marshall – Jordan Ridge Elementary
- Travels with President Nelson: Touching the hearts of Church members around the world
- Dave & Dujanovic: Was police use of force in Minneapolis akin to murder?
- What are you Eating for the Big Game? 5 Quick and Easy Recipes for Sunday Game Food that…
- These 9 hand sanitizers may contain a potentially fatal ingredient, FDA warns
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- Parents of Susan Powell endure day of graphic court testimony
- Donovan Mitchell: good Samaritan deed goes viral
- Courage Reins
- Epidemiologist urges more COVID-19 testing; Utah receives rapid test kits