SALT LAKE CITY, Utah– A University of Utah student has died after she collapsed during Army ROTC training.
The University of Utah released a statement on the death of student and ROTC cadet Elva Torres.
According to the statement, Torres collapsed Monday morning on campus. Torres was transported to the University of Utah Hospital where she died Wednesday.
The cause of death has not been determined.
Elva Torres was a 23-year-old senior at the university, majoring in film and media studies.
Every year the university remembers the students who have passed during the school year in a campus memorial. The university will honor Cadet Torres at the annual memorial service organized by the Office of the Dean of Students in the spring.
Today’s Top Stories
- The story of Sgt. Cade Brenchley, hit by a car in line of duty
- Fake high school sports sponsorship scam targeting Utah businesses
- Utah parents want vape tax
- Lynda Carter offers wonderful performance at FanX
- Sen. Mike Lee: Trump is not guilty
- Woman shot in legs after accidental firing at Murray shooting range
- One dead, two injured in overnight Salt Lake shooting
- Biden gets into testy exchange with man over gun rights
- New wildlife bridge comes with cameras, warnings
- Melania Trump announces Rose Garden ‘renewal’ project