NAVAJO COUNTY, Arizona — The two fugitives wanted that escaped authorities in Utah have been captured in Arizona
56-year-old Blane Barksdale and 59-year-old Susan Barksdale escaped custody near the Arizona Utah state line on Aug. 26th and were able to avoid capture until yesterday.
The couple was in US Marshall custody and being extradited across the country from New York to face charges in the murder of 72-year-old Frank Bligh. Tucson Police said that Bligh’s home caught fire and then exploded in April. His car was found abandoned the next day.
David Gonzales, the U.S. Marshal for Arizona, said that that the couple was able to escape custody after Susan Barksdale faked a medical emergency. When the transport van pulled over they overpowered the two guards that were transporting them and drove the van into Arizona.
It was there that Gonzales said that they were able to obtain a red GMC pickup truck.
The Navajo County Sheriff’s Office reported late Wednesday night that the Barksdale’s were located and taken into custody without incident.
Today’s Top Stories
- Bodies of missing girls found in Utah Lake
- Actress sues actor Tom Sizemore, claiming sex abuse on set
- Police say West Valley City man planned mass shooting during SLC protest
- Feds warn UFO enthusiasts against storming Area 51: The military ‘stands ready’
- Charter school teacher charged with child abuse
- AP changes writing style to capitalize ”b” in Black
- Utah County Commissioner wants Utah open for business
- Sergeant Brian Taylor, Provo Police Department
- West Kearns Elem. placed in shelter in place protocol Tuesday for around an hour, no threat…
- Romney is president of a secret society in Washington