OREM, Utah (AP) — An Orem man has been charged with rape and child abuse after authorities say he repeatedly sexually abused three young children and drugged their food.
The Daily Herald reports 34-year-old Adam Jay Moore was charged on September 25 with rape, several counts of sexual abuse, child abuse and related crimes.
Court documents state Moore sexually assaulted the children several times between 2011 and 2014. They were all under the age of 10.
Authorities say Moore put alcohol in the children’s sippy cups and fed them pancakes with drugs in them.
Charges state he also forced the children to watch pornography videos and threatened to kill one of them if they told anyone about the abuse.
An attorney listed for Moore did not immediately return calls and emails seeking comment.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah drivers licenses one step closer to going digital
- Hey, Utahns over 70: Here’s everything to know about getting your COVID-19 vaccine
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- Pandemic pause ends in Susan Powell parents lawsuit trial
- Flu vaccine doesn’t fully cover Influenza B, CDC says
- Boxer Rocky Lockridge, “Best Cry Ever” meme man, has died at the age of 60
- Live Mic: lessons of 1968’s RFK Appalachia visit still echo today
- UPDATED: Six-year-old girl dies on golf course after being hit by dad’s golf ball
- Green Party selects Howie Hawkins as 2020 presidential nominee
- Passengers stuck on Amtrak train for about 20 hours finally on their way