SALT LAKE CITY — The Commission on Presidential Debates announced on Friday that the University of Utah will play host to a Vice Presidential Debate next October.
The debate will be held at Kingsbury Hall at 7 PM on Wednesday, October 7, 2020, and will run for 90 minutes. This is the first time a national debate has been held in Utah.
The debate commission announced four general election debates: three presidential debates and one vice presidential debate.
The first general election presidential debate will be held on Sept. 29, 2020, at the University of Notre Dame. The second debate will then be held at the University of Michigan on October 13, and finally at Belmont University in Nashville, TN on October 22.
Utah is the only western state that will host any of the general election debates.
Today’s Top Stories
- Connect KSL to your Amazon Echo Device
- Sergeant Dusty Butler, Emery County Sheriff’s Office
- Most Deseret Industries stores along the Wasatch Front open by Friday, with changes
- Much of Utah under severe weather warnings
- Abe Yospe – Westland Elementary
- Jason Ruch, Saratoga Springs PD
- Jeremy Barnes, Utah Department of Public Safety
- Romance scam uses military photos to fool widow
- Officer Preston Casey, Centerville
- Utah dashboard gives deeper look into the COVID-19 pandemic