SALT LAKE CITY — The Commission on Presidential Debates announced on Friday that the University of Utah will play host to a Vice Presidential Debate next October.
The debate will be held at Kingsbury Hall at 7 PM on Wednesday, October 7, 2020, and will run for 90 minutes. This is the first time a national debate has been held in Utah.
The debate commission announced four general election debates: three presidential debates and one vice presidential debate.
The first general election presidential debate will be held on Sept. 29, 2020, at the University of Notre Dame. The second debate will then be held at the University of Michigan on October 13, and finally at Belmont University in Nashville, TN on October 22.
Utah is the only western state that will host any of the general election debates.
Today’s Top Stories
- McDonald’s launches first new Chicken McNuggets flavor in nearly 40 years
- Winter storm approaches Utah
- Ogden joins cities observing COVID memorial March 1
- Breanne Stump – Fox Hollow Elementary School
- Motivated workers kept airport terminal project relatively virus free
- Getting the Call to Serve: 7 Easy and Fulfilling Ways to Get Your Future Missionary Prepared…
- A zoning change means another option for the homeless in SLC
- How does Utah’s vaccination goal compare to Biden’s?
- Utah County Commissioner injured in National Guard training
- BYU football preparing its offense for Northern Illinois