SANDY, Utah — Classes at Union Middle School in Sandy have been canceled Thursday after a small electrical fire broke out in the school around 5 AM.
Canyons School District Spokesman Jeff Haney says that classes will be canceled Thursday as they work to make sure that all the smoke and potential carbon monoxide is cleared from the school.
Haney says that the fire caused “minimal damage” and that classes should resume as normal tomorrow.
Today’s Top Stories
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Teens are binge drinking more than ever
- Latest E. coli outbreak spreads to Utah
- Expert: Red Flag laws could have stopped the Parkland shooting
- Passengers stuck on Amtrak train for about 20 hours finally on their way
- Former producer: Doug Wright is the master of the scoop
- One dead, five hurt in head-on crash at Bonneville Salt Flats
- Casey Scott, 200 days sober, opens up about the problems that led to his horrifying crash
- Student opens fire in California high school, killing 2
- Provo High School football game moves back home, frustrating educators