WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — A man was fatally stabbed in West Valley City on Thursday night. Police say that 19-year-old Trayvon Stephens was stabbed at an apartment complex at 4000 S. Redwood Road, the West Valley City Police Department said.
The victim in a fatal stabbing that occurred at 4000 S Redwood Road on 10/25 is 19yo Trayvon Stephens. We have very limited information. No arrests at this time. Suspect vehicle described as white passenger car, possibly newer model Toyota Camry. pic.twitter.com/RUkO8tYIqf
— WVC Police (@WVCPD) October 25, 2019
“Officers arrived fairly quickly and found a male who was suffering from a stab wound. They did render some aid, but the man was declared deceased,” according to Lt. Burke.
He says a call came in about 8:10 p.m. Thursday evening about an altercation, believed between at least two people. Burke says the altercation may have originated in some nearby apartments. He says at least one suspect was being sought late Thursday night. Police say that they still have very little information on the suspect but believe them to have fled driving a white passenger car that is possibly a newer Toyota Camry.
Today’s Top Stories
- Second Amendment rally at state capitol to push back against new gun laws
- State parks hope to have new ‘glamping’ campsites available for busy Memorial Day weekend
- Backcountry avalanche alert in effect as crews mitigate risk
- Now’s your chance to pick up US postage stamps honoring military dogs
- Someone painted “racist” on Brigham Young statue at BYU
- Settlement deal nearing completion for parents of Lauren McCluskey
- If you build it … White Sox and Yankees to play at ‘Field of Dreams’ movie…
- AMBER Alert system on pause after empty message in middle of night
- Salmonella outbreak killing Utah songbirds, what you can do
- Cougar leaves mark on Herriman driveway