ARCHES NATIONAL PARK — Two people are dead and one injured after they fell into the bowl area below Delicate Arch Friday morning. The area was temporarily closed by rescue crews responding to the scene.
The injured man was flown to Moab Regional Hospital.
The three people involved have not been identified, but they may be from California.
The Grand County Sheriff’s Office doesn’t know why the three people fell, but conditions were wet and slick at the time.
The trail has since been reopened.
More information is expected to be released on Monday.
Today’s Top Stories
- Police: Couple arrested for marijuana-themed event
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces first ever African-American General Authority
- Sandy City officials mourn police chief
- Long-time power plant to close in Magna
- Benjamin Keough, grandson of Elvis Presley, dies at 27
- Utah lawmakers push for ERA ratification, reviving political battle
- University of Utah announces major campus safety changes, investments
- Update: Police identify man in Echo nightclub shooting
- Barry Pewtress – Spectrum Academy High School
- 5 tips to stop touching your face