SALT LAKE CITY– A home pesticide device exploded at a senior living apartment, resulting in two residents being airlifted to a hospital for exposer treatment, according to Salt Lake Fire Department.
Salt Lake City Fire received a call to Rendon Terrace Apartments, 158 N 300 W, on Sunday afternoon. Upon arrival, officials confirmed a pesticide cartridge went off. The cartridge contained far too many chemicals, causing the fire alarm to go off.
The complex was evacuated as the pesticides leaked into the vents. Two residents were airlifted to the hospital for exposure treatment. Captian Adam Archuleta said both patients were in stable condition and are being evaluated as a precautionary measure.
Residents have taken shelter with their families or at a nearby church. Evacuees will be let back into the building after ventilation, likely sometime Sunday evening.
No information has been released on the substances inside the cartridge.
Today’s Top Stories
- Gas station clerk tells her Susan Powell story for the first time publicly
- Grandson arrested on suspicion of murder in SLC house fire
- 2 men charged in ’02 killing of Run-DMC star Jam Master Jay
- Romney is president of a secret society in Washington
- Fraud Alerts! 3 Ways Bad Guys are Trying to Get Access to Your Information and How You Can…
- Suspect in shooting no stranger to protests, violence
- Cindy Smith, Hayden Peak Elementary
- Golden Spoke Event
- Utah man charged, accused of threatening people displaying a Trump flag
- Want to buy a dinosaur? One of the world’s biggest T. rex skeletons is up for sale