LOGAN (AP)– A Utah man who authorities say vandalized a Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints temple because he was upset no women from the faith would date him has been charged with burglary and criminal mischief.
Online court records show that charges were filed Thursday against 34-year-old Peter Ambrose.
Police said after his arrest Tuesday that Ambrose told officers he was upset he could not see his children during the Christmas holiday, and that no Latter-day Saint women wanted to date him.
No attorney was listed for Ambrose in court records.
Today’s Top Stories
- Nintendo is bringing back a super-retro handheld from the 1980s
- Man dies after hit by car; driver booked for fleeing scene
- Parents, teachers, students sound off on later school start times
- New details about Lake Powell boat crash
- Military family robbed in Salt Lake City
- Church leaders update COVID-19 safety measures for Utah
- Family announces they’ll say goodbye to Dixie, a dog burned for revenge
- ‘Anonymous’ hacker group threatens to “expose many crimes” of Minneapolis PD
- Congressman’s siblings release an attack ad against their own brother
- The worldwide impact of The First Vision