PROVO, Utah — Brigham Young University senior TJ Haws went from a game-winning shot on Saturday, to having his first baby on Sunday.
Haws made a 3-pointer with just seconds left on the clock, allowing BYU to defeat St. Marys 81 to 79.
Afterward, he spoke to Greg Wrubell on the BYU Post Game Show on KSL Newsradio.
“We’re actually heading to the hospital tonight and we’ll begin the process tonight,” he said. “It’s been a full day of emotions, to say the least.”
Haws said he was thrilled with the back-to-back milestones.
“I’m super excited and I’m happy that we came out with the win and now I’m going to have one of the coolest experiences of my life. I’m excited,” said Haws.
He tweeted that Tyson Ralph Haws was born later on Sunday. His name comes from TJ’s first name, Tyson, and his grandpa Ralph Haws.
Thank you for all your support!
Last night was truly amazing!… but for Lauren and me, today was even better.
Everyone welcome Tyson Ralph Haws to the world.
— TJ Haws (@tjhaws30) February 3, 2020
— BYU Basketball (@BYUbasketball) February 2, 2020
Read more at kslsports.com
Today’s Top Stories
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Teens are binge drinking more than ever
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Latest E. coli outbreak spreads to Utah
- Scientists say vodka from Chernobyl’s exclusion zone is safe to drink
- Sean Reyes: GOP incumbent candidate for Utah attorney general
- State leaders express disapproval over crowds welcoming missionaries
- A new conversation: Dave & Dujanovic starts June 4
- DI to begin phased reopening
- Expert: Red Flag laws could have stopped the Parkland shooting