Netflix has released the trailer for the upcoming episodes of Stranger Things 4, the latest season of the popular show set in the 80s. And, to fan’s surprise, it features a favorite character that was presumed to be dead.
The teaser trailer gives a first glimpse into the newest season announced by the show creators in September. The short 50-second spot confirms one thing for fans: they’re not in Hawkins, Indiana, anymore.
The trailer doesn’t give many details on what to expect in the next season for the breakout series. But it does reveal the possible return of a fan-favorite character.
It opens to a cold — literally cold — scene set in Russia with several workers constructing a railroad. The scene ends with a surprise reappearance of one the main characters from the last three seasons: Chief Jim Hopper.
Fans were surprised at the end of season three when Hopper (played by David Harbour) died, disappearing into an extra-dimensional portal. Fans have speculated his return based on hints given in the post-credits scene after the conclusion of season three.
There’s currently no official release date for Stranger Things 4, but many fans assume it may come sooner rather than later now that trailers and scenes are being released.
Watch the trailer below:
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah’s Gail Miller is America’s 14th richest self-made woman
- 2 Utah families bonded after organ donation saved man’s life
- Utah actor and producer discusses addiction recovery
- 47-year-old mother of four graduates top of her class at UVU College of Science
- Convicted killer of UHP trooper up for parole
- 2 Capitol Police officers suspended for their alleged roles in riot
- Opinion: “Midway” movie ends with offensive statement
- Man accused of attacking jogger in Kaysville at gunpoint while intoxicated
- Utah company Banjo could solve crimes in seconds
- Benjamin Keough, grandson of Elvis Presley, dies at 27