LAYTON– A business in Layton, Utah is missing a chunk of its wall after a car crashed into the building.
Layton City Police received a complaint around 5:30 AM Sunday morning about a Jeep speeding on Hill Field Road.
Sergeant Brent Ericksen said a 26-year-old male driver failed to negotiate the curve of the road, crossed the opposite lane, and collided into Check City loan agency.
Serious crash at the Check City in #Layton. The driver was speeding down the road and somehow launched his jeep into the corner of the building. Fortunately no one was inside. The driver has been taken to the hospital. We’re working to get more of this story for @KSL5TV. #ksltv pic.twitter.com/qpo8qCwzjn
— Alex Cabrero (@KSL_AlexCabrero) February 16, 2020
A witness called in the collision and said the accident wrecked about half the building. The building was empty at the time of the crash.
Alcohol is suspected to play a role and police have issued the driver a DUI citation.
The driver was able to climb out of the wreckage and was taken to the hospital. He has now been released for the hospital.
The identity of the driver has not been released.
Today’s Top Stories
- Holladay Arts Council
- New “return to work” initiative for Utahns who lost jobs due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Predawn fire guts old church housing New York’s Liberty Bell
- Huge haul of treasure stolen in German castle vault heist
- 2 injured in early morning house fire in Layton
- Eilish, who gives voice to troubled youth, tops the Grammys
- Donovan Mitchell and mom talk about growing up Spida
- Facts, not fear: KSL NewsRadio’s coronavirus resource center
- Draper confirms firefighter killed in CA is one of theirs
- Wildlife resources officers seek information in deer poaching case