SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Gubernatorial candidate Spencer Cox announced his running mate Thursday: Utah Sen. Diedre Henderson.
In a campaign video, Henderson said that her experience in state government has given her the ability to bring people together and work well with others.
— Deidre Henderson (@DeidreHenderson) March 19, 2020
Cox said he appreciates her willingness to do what is right regardless of the consequences.
Henderson has served in the state Legislature for eight years.
Most recently she sponsored a bill essentially decriminalizing polygamy and led a walkout of female senators protesting an abortion bill that she said went too far even for her pro-life stance.
Today’s Top Stories
- Winter solstice 2019: A short day that’s long on ancient traditions
- Cease and desist sent by Lt. Governor’s office to stop unauthorized use of State Seal
- Mat and Savanna Shaw, a viral daddy-daughter singing duo sharing hope through music
- Passenger says they asked boat driver to stop drinking before deadly Lake Powell crash
- Expect hazy skies and moderately unhealthy air for a few days
- Why the US dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima 74 years ago today
- Avalanche victim identified as long-time Park City resident
- UDOT going forward with West Davis Corridor
- The undefeated Patriots and Bills will face off this NFL Sunday
- The most generous state in America is Utah – again