SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Congressman Ben McAdams was hospitalized this past weekend for severe shortness of breath related to coronavirus.
McAdams says he was instructed to go to the hospital Friday night and check-in with the isolation unit.
— Rep. Ben McAdams (@RepBenMcAdams) March 23, 2020
He was given oxygen as his blood oxygen struggled to stay at appropriate levels.
He’s now off oxygen and says he is feeling “relatively better.”
“I’m very grateful to the skilled hospital medical staff for their efficient and effective treatment, as well as their preparations. My experience has shown me how critical it is to follow the advice of the CDC and the Utah Department of Health in order to stop the spread of this virus,” he said in a statement.
McAdams was diagnosed with COVID-19 more than a week ago. He spoke to KSL Newsradio’s Doug Wright about it and you can see that here.
He also told “The Today Show” it felt like a belt was around his chest.
“I’m feeling pretty bad. I think this is probably the worst cold I’ve ever had.” @RepBenMcAdams talks about testing positive for the coronavirus and what his symptoms have been pic.twitter.com/2QobvltCoh
— TODAY (@TODAYshow) March 19, 2020
Today’s Top Stories
- Dave & Dujanovic: Was police use of force in Minneapolis akin to murder?
- Travels with President Nelson: Touching the hearts of Church members around the world
- These 9 hand sanitizers may contain a potentially fatal ingredient, FDA warns
- Courage Reins
- Parents of Susan Powell endure day of graphic court testimony
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- What are you Eating for the Big Game? 5 Quick and Easy Recipes for Sunday Game Food that…
- Pres. Trump escalates war on Twitter, social media protections
- Grandfather of suspect in the death of little girl says he is a troubled family member
- African Gray parrot still missing – Bluffdale owners offer reward