The Georgia Aquarium has been closed to the public due to the coronavirus pandemic, but they did hold a special field trip for some lucky visitors — some extra good pups from the Atlanta Humane Society.
Odie and Carmel’s trip to the marine exhibit was all captured in a video shared by the Georgia Aquarium.
“Our puppies just had the best. day. ever.” the Humane Society wrote on Facebook.
“They got to explore the Georgia Aquarium while it is closed to the public. They made all sorts of exciting discoveries and lots of new friends!”
The Georgia Aquarium hasn’t been the only place to take other animals on a tour of its exhibits while the humans are away.
Chicago’s Shedd Aquarium has been sharing videos of their penguins meeting new friends as they stroll the hallways of their Aquarium.
Where’s Wellington now? 🐧 This little rockhopper took a tour of Shedd’s Wild Reef…and he’s not alone! A few of the Magellanic penguins that call Shedd home joined this penguin party, checking out this massive habitat. pic.twitter.com/NcKkOtGdPw
— Shedd Aquarium (@shedd_aquarium) March 21, 2020
Where’s Wellington?? 🐧 Fun fact: Wellington had a “favorite fish” on his field trip through Amazon Rising! He seemed extra interested in the neon-colored cardinal tetras. pic.twitter.com/Jv4zCCPYzj
— Shedd Aquarium (@shedd_aquarium) March 24, 2020
Both aquariums shut down earlier this month due to the coronavirus pandemic. There are 1,525 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 48 deaths across Georgia, and 2,538 confirmed cases in Illinois and 26 deaths in their state according to their health departments.
Today’s Top Stories
- Boris Johnson promises UK will provide Hong Kongers path to citizenship after national…
- Advice from a registered sex offender: teach your kids
- Utah man critically injured in bike crash at Canyonlands National Park
- Mercy Housing Mountain Plains
- Sneakers designed in honor of Obama to go on sale for $25,000
- Utah man gets up to life in prison in ex-girlfriend’s death
- “Freak accident” claims two moose calves near Mountain Dell Golf Course
- Surgeon General on coronavirus: ‘This week is going to get bad’
- Cops looking for woman after she allegedly uses a taser on 9-year-old boy
- What makes soda so addictive?