SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Highway Patrol has identified Kelton Kluvers, 20, of Blackfoot, Idaho as the victim in an early morning single-vehicle crash on I-15.
The crash happened just after 3:00 am on Monday morning at 1200 N on the southbound side of I-15.
“A witness on scene stated that the vehicle drifted to the left and struck the center barrier,” according to a statement from UHP.
“The vehicle then rolled several times and came to rest with the driver ejected and pinned under the vehicle.”
Kluvers was transported to the hospital where he later died.
UHP says that it appears as if the driver fell asleep at the wheel and was likely not wearing a seatbelt.
Today’s Top Stories
- Ellen Sabo – Rose Creek Elementary
- Meet all the Utah athletes competing in the Tokyo Olympics
- Amazon: Nearly 20,000 workers tested positive for COVID-19
- Grant Averill – Woods Cross Elementary School
- Candidate Conversation: Jenny Wilson for Senate
- Utah relinquishes oversight of trust linked to polygamist
- The alternative presidential candidate: Jo Jorgensen runs for the Libertarian Party
- ‘Far Side’ cartoonist Gary Larson publishes first new work in 25 years