SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Highway Patrol has identified Kelton Kluvers, 20, of Blackfoot, Idaho as the victim in an early morning single-vehicle crash on I-15.
The crash happened just after 3:00 am on Monday morning at 1200 N on the southbound side of I-15.
“A witness on scene stated that the vehicle drifted to the left and struck the center barrier,” according to a statement from UHP.
“The vehicle then rolled several times and came to rest with the driver ejected and pinned under the vehicle.”
Kluvers was transported to the hospital where he later died.
UHP says that it appears as if the driver fell asleep at the wheel and was likely not wearing a seatbelt.
Today’s Top Stories
- How does Utah’s vaccination goal compare to Biden’s?
- Winter storm approaches Utah
- Portland protesters cause mayhem again, police officer hurt
- McDonald’s launches first new Chicken McNuggets flavor in nearly 40 years
- Electric scooter catches fire in U of U building, relocates classes
- Motivated workers kept airport terminal project relatively virus free
- Taco Tuesday coincides with Cinco de Mayo
- Getting the Call to Serve: 7 Easy and Fulfilling Ways to Get Your Future Missionary Prepared…
- BYU football preparing its offense for Northern Illinois
- Breanne Stump – Fox Hollow Elementary School