SALT LAKE CITY — Two more COVID-19 deaths reported in Utah on Sunday brings the total to 27.
Both reported COVID-19 deaths are SLCO residents, one male, and one female. They were both older than 85 years old and were hospitalized at the time of their death but had been living in a long-term care facility with underlying medical conditions before their deaths.
The update today comes with new numbers across the board including an estimate on those who have recovered. Cases that are considered recovered are those with a diagnosis date of more than three weeks ago who has not passed away.
Utah COVID-19 Current Numbers as of April, 19
According to new numbers released Sunday by the Utah Department of Health, Utah now has:
- 3,069 lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19
- 63,555 tests performed
- 259 COVID-19 hospitalizations
- 27 deaths related to COVID-19
- 679 cases considered “recovered”
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus is transmitted from person to person. It is a virus that is similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet)
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities.)
- Get a flu shot.
Resources for more information:
State of Utah: https://coronavirus.utah.gov/
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
Today’s Top Stories
- Three things you need to do before you can run a marathon
- One dead, one seriously injured in West Valley Shooting
- Intermountain Healthcare: COVID-19 vaccine changes mammogram guidelines
- Some children have ended up in Utah’s hospitals with COVID-19
- Hurricane State Liquor Store closes, employee tests positive for COVID-19
- Feds aim to corral 800 wild horses from eastern Nevada range
- Shay Ballard, Sandy City
- Two arrests after “clandestine narcotics lab” found in SLC apartment
- Murdered teen identified as West HS student
- Church spends nearly $1 billion in humanitarian, welfare aid, leaders say