OGDEN, Utah — An Ogden police officer sustained minor injuries and two suspects are in custody and after shots were fired following an alleged car theft and pursuit overnight.
Ogden PD says that they were notified around 10 pm Thursday night that the Utah Highway Patrol had called off a car chase. A short time later they then received a tip that the vehicle had been spotted in an alley near 800 East and Kershaw St.
When officers arrived on the scene, they say they approached the vehicle on foot. Then, police say, the two people in that vehicle tried to flee and drove toward the officers.
One of those officers opened fire on the moving vehicle, but police say the driver was not shot.
Officers say that the car ended up crashed in the backyard of a home. Both suspects were taken into custody.
Today’s Top Stories
- Disney World’s July 11 reopening: 6 things to watch
- Changes to the HOV lanes for hybrid vehicles in Utah, starting today
- Victim identified in fatal St. George shooting
- Ex-Davis High teacher who sexually abused 3 students granted parole
- Passenger says they asked boat driver to stop drinking before deadly Lake Powell crash
- Satellite photos appear to show Chinese submarine using underground base
- Utah limo companies face inspections like buses, trucks
- Friend: no matter what missing girl did, she doesn’t deserve to be shamed
- Lightning strike kills two giraffes at a popular Florida attraction
- BYU’s football stadium is going to look a bit different this fall