OGDEN, Utah — An Ogden police officer sustained minor injuries and two suspects are in custody and after shots were fired following an alleged car theft and pursuit overnight.
Ogden PD says that they were notified around 10 pm Thursday night that the Utah Highway Patrol had called off a car chase. A short time later they then received a tip that the vehicle had been spotted in an alley near 800 East and Kershaw St.
When officers arrived on the scene, they say they approached the vehicle on foot. Then, police say, the two people in that vehicle tried to flee and drove toward the officers.
One of those officers opened fire on the moving vehicle, but police say the driver was not shot.
Officers say that the car ended up crashed in the backyard of a home. Both suspects were taken into custody.
Today’s Top Stories
- Anti-vaccination signs over freeway deemed a distraction, taken down
- Provo PD seeing many cars with illegal black license plates
- Virgin River tests positive for cyanobacteria that produces toxins
- 18-year-old dead following fatal crash on Mountain View Corridor
- Prosecutors warn parents about online safety after more than 100 predators arrested within…
- Hill Cumorah Pageant final season canceled; Nauvoo Pageant postponed
- Russia, China both continue to pose threat, expert says
- Utah Jazz win, promote two players for big awards
- Florida vacation home invaded by vomiting vultures
- Review: Was “Frozen 2” a good sequel or even a good movie?