ROY UTAH — Roy police say an intoxicated driver has crashed into a railroad crossing signal just before 7:30 Saturday morning, causing it to be destroyed.
Investigators say the railroad crossing signal is being replaced, and work at the intersection of 6000 South 2400 West is expected to take several hours. 6000 South will be closed in both directions from 2550W through 2350W most likely for the rest of the day.
Please use alternative routes. The driver was taken into custody and no injuries were reported from the crash.
They also advise that due to construction Saturday night, 5600 South will be closed between 2450 West and 2700 West.
Today’s Top Stories
- Former missionary finds hope after becoming an addict
- Emergency crews train for large-scale attack
- Bodies of man and his slave unearthed from ashes at Pompeii
- Looking for something fun to do with your whole family? 3 fun things to do in Logan, Utah
- Utah mother tells her story of coping after losing a daughter to a fentanyl overdose
- Rescuers say infant CPR saved one year-old baby
- Landslide at Myanmar jade mine kills at least 162 people
- House Democrat says Mueller, Judiciary Committee reach deal for special counsel to testify on May 15
- Washington County Search and Rescue report 5 incidents Sunday, including 1 death
- Surviving domestic violence during a pandemic