ROY UTAH — Roy police say an intoxicated driver has crashed into a railroad crossing signal just before 7:30 Saturday morning, causing it to be destroyed.
Investigators say the railroad crossing signal is being replaced, and work at the intersection of 6000 South 2400 West is expected to take several hours. 6000 South will be closed in both directions from 2550W through 2350W most likely for the rest of the day.
Please use alternative routes. The driver was taken into custody and no injuries were reported from the crash.
They also advise that due to construction Saturday night, 5600 South will be closed between 2450 West and 2700 West.
Today’s Top Stories
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Wasatch Adaptive Sports
- A dancing cockatoo named Snowball learned 14 moves all by himself
- Legal expert says insanity defense not likely for Grantsville teen
- The mystery of the Utah monolith found in the desert
- Rare Nike ‘Moon Shoe’ up for auction at Sotheby’s could fetch $160,000
- Zion National Park and other Utah national parks begin re-opening
- Fire-ravaged forests get help from pine cone collectors
- Chris Evans sending ‘Captain America’ shield to little boy who saved sister from…
- Graduates show Salt Lake City students to stay in school