OGDEN, Utah– Weber County authorities announced on Wednesday they’ll investigate a suspicious death after a woman’s body was found in Ogden Canyon.
The woman has been identified as 30-year-old Lopine “Chynna” Toilolo, according to authorities. No further information about the case has been released at this time.
In a press release, the Weber County Sheriff’s Office said they received a 911 call about a possible dead body in the area of 400 Ogden Canyon around 6 p.m. on Tuesday.
Upon arrival at the scene, deputies and medical personnel discovered the body of a deceased adult female. The Weber County Attorney’s Office and Weber-Metro CSI were also at the scene.
The death is considered suspicious and “investigators are actively investigating the circumstances surrounding the death,” Lt. Cortney Ryan said in the press release.
Law enforcement does not believe there is any threat to the public at this point.
The Weber County Sheriff’s Office held a press conference on Wednesday afternoon where they disclosed minimal information about the case.
The sheriff’s office expressed their deepest condolences to the family, friends and community of Toilolo.
Anyone who may have seen something “suspicious” in the area between Sunday morning and Tuesday evening should call sheriff’s investigators at 801-778-6631.
This story has been and will be updated when additional information about the case is available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Gas station clerk tells her Susan Powell story for the first time publicly
- 2 men charged in ’02 killing of Run-DMC star Jam Master Jay
- Grandson arrested on suspicion of murder in SLC house fire
- Romney is president of a secret society in Washington
- Utah man charged, accused of threatening people displaying a Trump flag
- Want to buy a dinosaur? One of the world’s biggest T. rex skeletons is up for sale
- Coronavirus enters Salt Lake County jails
- Cindy Smith, Hayden Peak Elementary
- How to make sure you weather the storm and cleanup safely
- Golden Spoke Event